Highlights of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta
(During a Solar Eclipse!)
Thursday, October 12 through Monday, October 16, 2023
Organized by Road Scholar
$1,599 per person/double occupancy if registered by March 31, 2023 (land only)
$1,999 per person/single occupancy if registered by March 31, 2023 (land only)
Activity Level: Walking up to one mile over uneven grass and paved surfaces in the dark at Balloon Fiesta Park; climb a flight of stairs. Standing up to an hour on field trips. Elevations of 5,300 feet.
Experience the best of the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, study the history of hot-air ballooning and feel the excitement of the Balloon Ascensions during several visits to the Balloon Fiesta Park. Learn how balloons are made and the science behind flying by a local expert and pilot. Discover why Albuquerque is such a perfect place for this premier ballooning event. On Saturday, October 14, Albuquerque will be in the center of the path of an annular solar eclipse, known as the "ring of fire" eclipse.
Program prices include:
• 4 nights of accommodations and 10 meals (4 B, 2 L, 4 D)
• 2 expert-led lectures and 8 expert-led field trip
• Group travel and transfers throughout the program
• A Group Leader to accompany you throughout the program to handle all logistics
• Customary gratuities, taxes and destination fees
• The Road Scholar Assurance Plan, including 24-hour assistance for medical and other emergencies.
To register, please call Road Scholar toll free at (800) 322-5315, reference Program #10427 -- Highlights of the Albuquerque International Balloon starting on October 12, 2023 and Case #01271608 and note that you are a Member of OLLI at Clemson University.
Please note that OLLI has several rooms reserved for this popular tour, but we will be part of a larger group.